Read Baby by Patricia MacLachlan Free Online
Book Title: Baby|
The author of the book: Patricia MacLachlan
Edition: Arnoldo Mondadori
Date of issue: 1995
ISBN 13: 9788804401650
Loaded: 2598 times
Reader ratings: 4.1
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 549 KB
City - Country: No data
Read full description of the books:
Another candidate for read aloud next year, although it's not going to make the cut, see why below.
1) Absolutely GORGEOUS writing. Sometimes almost painfully beautiful. MacLachlan is a very, very good writer.
2) A very well-crafted, poignant, uplifting yet agonizing at times, story.
3) Do you ever wonder why some books are marketed toward children that are perhaps not really for children? Of course I know that many children have to deal with unfortunate or difficult situations in their lives, as do we all. However, maybe they are too young to have to deal with such things in their reading material? As in, life itself is so hard let's read something that takes us away from it? I mean, is it just the size of the book (132 large print pages), or that the main character is a child, that makes publishers target certain books to children? I can see how some children may benefit from reading this book if they've been through something that would make it speak to them. Otherwise, I think it would be wisest to leave such hard things to wait until they are a bit older. 12? 14?
And that's not because it's got anything objectionable in it, not at all. In fact, kids need more books written as beautifully as this one...such beautiful language. But it was painful. Of course it was also healing and lifting. But I think it might disturb an innocent younger child who has hitherto led a blissfully non-conflicted life.
4) That said, that doesn't mean YOU shouldn't read it. As I mentioned, several times, it was beautiful and moving and worthy.
5) I would absolutely suggest it to my 13 yo, although it's not up his alley, but I would wait for a while and let my 10 yo little lady grow up a bit before handing it to her. It's worthy of a great discussion. I would read it with them for sure.
One quote because it fits where I live, too, and I though friends here may appreciate it:
"There are three things to remember about spring on the island. ...One, it comes after winter. Two, it comes after winter. Three it comes after winter and you think it's still winter."
Download Baby ERUB
Download Baby DOC
Download Baby TXT
Read information about the authorPatricia MacLachlan was born on the prairie, and to this day carries a small bag of prairie dirt with her wherever she goes to remind her of what she knew first. She is the author of many well-loved novels and picture books, including Sarah, Plain and Tall, winner of the Newbery Medal; its sequels, Skylark and Caleb's Story; and Three Names, illustrated by Mike Wimmer. She lives in western Massachusetts.
Reviews of the Baby
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Baby by Patricia MacLachlan Online free